As we all know, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. And by “just around the corner” I mean, “Oh my gosh it’s next week!”. Just in case Valentine’s Day snuck up on you this year, or if, like many people, budget is just a little tight, we’ve come up with some great date ideas just for you! We had some of our ladies, from all seasons and walks of life, send in their favorite inexpensive date ideas. Check them out!
- Bike ride to the park for a picnic
- Hand-holding walk spent just “dreaming” – no issue discussions, only dreaming and wishing allowed
- Dollar movie theater date night
- Clear aside the furniture, dim the lights, put on some groovin’ music and dance like when you were dating
- Car ride to some of the tourist attractions – Sedona, Flagstaff, Meteor Crater, Goldfield Ghost Town Tuscon Botanical Gardens, (their butterfly exhibit is magical!)
- Cheap seats at Spring training games or ASU games
- (married only) Drive to where you have a view of the valley night lights, pull off and have a good old make out parking session – Shea Boulevard heading towards Fountain Hills in Scottsdale has a great spot 😉
- Play “remember when” on the back porch – remembering other fun things you have done together as a couple and just LAUGH together!
- Picnic at the lake
- Walk around downtown, window shopping, frozen yogurt
- Movies in the park http://www.gilbertaz.gov/parks/pdf/Movie%20Series_Holiday12.pdf
- Food Truck Fridays-get food truck food and head to an arcade (http://phxstreetfood.org/schedule/)
- Pedal Boating at Tempe Town Lake
- Go to the airport, park on the top floor of the parking garage, and watch the planes fly in
- YouTube date night (look up funny, and appropriate, videos on YouTube while snacking on movie snacks)
- (married only) Two words: bubble bath (the Dollar store has bath bubbles and bottles of cute mini sparkling ciders)
Another great resource for keeping the romance alive is http://www.thedatingdivas.com . This site is put together by a group of women committed to strengthen marriages one date at a time. Definitely work checking it out!
Whatever you do, whether single or with someone, make this Valentine’s Day fun!