At our most recent event, GNO, we invited Pastor Julie Gowans to come speak to our ladies. The Word she brought was so fantastic and uplifting! We’ve included notes from her sermon for those of you who were unable to make it to the event.
Power in Agreement: Pastor Julie Gowans
“There is power in agreement. Take a look at the story of the Tower of Babel in Genesis 11:1-10. When we agree with God’s ways, we’ll flourish in life.
Amos 3:3 asks the question “How can two people walk together if they aren’t in agreement?” In the same way, how can we walk with God unless we walk in agreement with what he says? And who he says we are?
We have to intentionally train ourselves to walk in agreement with God. It doesn’t come naturally. What he says doesn’t always make sense to our minds, but as we grow in our relationship with him and train our minds to agree with him, it becomes easier.
We have two ways to agree with what God says:
1.Confess your agreement out loud.
- How? By reading and declaring what the Word says
- Romans 10:17
- Proverbs 18:21
- A lie and a truth can’t walk together. They aren’t friends. Where there is truth (the Word) lies can’t be in the same place.
2. We pray in agreement with his Word.
- Stop telling God what the enemy has been telling you. “I’m tired, I can’t do it, I’m not important.”
- Hebrews 11:6
- 2 Corinthians 4:18
- The things we can see are temporary and subject to change.
- We can’t allow ourselves to see trials as permanent.
As we agree with God through faith-filled prayers, things in the unseen are changing. There is no greater team than us and God in agreement together.”
At the end of her message, Pastor Julie shared a topical declaration with us. Whatever we’re working through, whether it be depression, fear, worry, etc, find a Scripture that says the truth about that topic and pray it over your life.
Ladies, let’s agree with what the Word says about us, instead of listening to what the world says.
xoxo~Radiant Women’s Ministry